This work package 7 will develop a typology of European areas at infra regional level according to demographic, socioeconomic and health related indicators. The typology will help to study health inequalities in Europe at infra regional level. It will permit to classify territories according to their determinants for health and according to their health profile.
The typology will describe geographical units with similar health profiles in the 10 countries/regions in which the infra regional study will be undertaken. It will enable these geographical units to select appropriate regions for benchmarking analyses and for comparisons and cooperation projects.
The tasks of this WP will be:
* Literature search to select variables which are important as determinants of health status of a population and as determinant for success of health programmes and policies and on methodology on typology, in relation with work package 3;
* Definition of the selected infra regional levels to realise the typology. For this step, a questionnaire will be sent to all countries implied in this analysis and discussion will take place to select comparable areas;
* Perform a statistical analysis, including multivariate calculations to check the correlations between the data and to select the final set of indicators which will be used for the typology;
* Present the result of the calculations to the regions and the national representatives to check plausibility of the results and to interpret the typology;
* Include the results of the consultation of the regions into the analysis (what may be a recalculation with some new or changed data;
* Write a final report with the description of the work and the final results, taking into account the comments of the regions.
Statistical analysis at the subregional level is in progress.