1. An updated database of health indicators at regional level for all the regions of all the countries of the EU, and if possible, of the candidate countries.
2. Around 300 health profiles giving a summary of the health situation of each region with comparisons with the situation in the EU.
3. A typology based on health related indicators of the circa 300 health regions in Europe associated with a classification of the regions in a small number of groups.
4. A typology based on health related indicators of infra regional level in 10 country or regions of Europe.
6. A conference for the presentation and the dissemination of the results
More generally, the project will produce tools for decision makers at the regional level to have a quick overview of the health situation of his region in comparison with the other regions of his country and the other regions of the EU. The Health profile will help him to identify specific health inequalities affecting his region. The typology of the regions will help him to select regions in his country and in other country with same characteristics. This comparison can conduct the decision maker to indentify in other regions specific policies tackling the health inequalities which could be implemented in his own region. This process could also conduct some regions with similar characteristics to organize twinning with the specific objective to reduce health inequalities. By this way, in a long term perspective, the results of the project could contribute to reduce health inequalities between the regions of the European Union.
The development of the same typology at a more local level (infra-regional level) could also help decision makers to adapt the health policies within the regions in order to be more effective in the reduction of health inequities.